When you are thinking of making festive purchases then the thing that bothers you most is the amount of cash and the type of card that you need to carry. It does become somewhat a hassle to keep it altogether. However, Apple users do have a respite from it all; the Apple Pay option is available on your iPads and iPhones. If only you know how to use it and where it is available then things would be easier for you.
Given here are some essential pointers to help you get started with Apple Pay:
What do you need to get started?
To begin with you need the latest version of the iPhone or iPad. You need iPhone 6/ 6 Plus, iPad Air Mini 3 and iPad Air 2. These devices are capable of utilizing the technology and they are equipped with Secure Element chip that ensures secure payment as it is encrypted. brand accepts apple pay
First of all, in order to use Apple Pay, you need an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, or iPad Mini 3.
It is due to Secure Element chip technology, which keeps your payment information secure. Another technology used is that of NFC that helps in facilitating payments in stores where it is supported.
The NFC technology however helps you in making payments by holding iPhone against the payment reader. If your tablet does not include NFC antennas then you can use Apple Pay with retailers’ app.
The iOS 8 and 8.1 too includes the feature of Apple Pay that will help you get rid of carrying cards or cash.
Setting up Apple Pay
You need to begin with setting up the Apple Pay option and for this apply the following steps:
• Go to Passbook and launch it
• Tap on the ‘+’ sign that appears on the top right corner of the app
• Tap the option of Set Up Apple Pay link
• When you are prompted to add a new card be it debit card or credit card you can add the information related to it
• You can utilize the iSight camera to snap shots of your cards and the Passbook will help with auto-fill details about the card
• The cards that are supported by Apple Pay include: American Express cards, Visa, Bank of America, MasterCard, Citi, American Express, Wells Fargo, Chase, and Capital One.
• After adding your cards, you will be taken to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ page that you need to agree to. After this you can add more cards if you wish or go back to verify the added cards. This means that after adding a Chase Card you need to verify the card with Chase.
It is essential that your cards are verified. For verification, the Passbook e-mails you the code or sends it through SMS or even through a call. It all depends on which method you have chosen to receive the code. When you receive the code copy and paste it into your Passbook. Your verified cards will be available in the virtual stack in the Passbook app.
You can rearrange the order of the cards by a simple “tap + drag” as per your convenience. However, remember that the first card stands for default payment. If you want to make payments with any card other than the default card then go to Settings for choosing another card or change the default card.
Purchasing goods with Apple Pay
Just when you are at a checkout counter you fumble through with the cash or cards to make the payment. However, if you know how to use Apple Pay then this won’t be the scenario. All you need to do is go near a contactless reader and hold your iPhone against it and your finger pressed to the Touch ID. When you hear the beep sound your payment is processed. The receipt is stored in your Passbook app as your record of purchase. To find out if a store is using this technology check for the contactless symbol near the reader at the checkout counter and you will be able to utilize it there. This technology is already available at 220,000 + stores in the US.